A Khatam Sharif is a fixed devotional prayer which consists of reciting Qur’an & Durood and then conveying the blessings and rewards earned to the deceased Muslim Ummah. This is also known as Isaale Sawaab.
The following represents our Khatam Sharif. It is recited by each individual
in the zikr gathering before the zikr begins. Once all have completed the recital
they convey their deeds to one indiviual, the Imam in the gathering, who is
given the responsibilty of representing everyone. The Imam then sends the rewards
on behalf of everyone in the following manner.
A) He will recite Durood Sharif
B) Ask Allah (swt) for mercy & forgiveness for errors
C) Ask Allah (swt) to accept everyone’s recitation and pass the reward onto:
- Our Holy Prophet (saw)
- His Noble Family
- All the Sahaba-e-Karim (Companion of our Holy Prophet) & their following
- All Awliya-Allah (Friends of Allah (swt)
- All Ulema-e-Karim, Muhadaytheen, Mufassayrin (Alims, Scholars of Haidth
& Scholars of Qur’an)
- Then mention any other person you know by name either member of your family,
relative or friend
- All Ummah of our Holy Prophet (saw)
D) Read Durood once more and complete the dua.
In this manner the reward will be conveyed equally to millions of Muslim souls.
They will all receive equal reward & be very pleased with the offering.
It is a small Khatam Sharif but the rewards are great and numerous and everyone
This is our Khatam Sharif: